You Can Get a Secret Pet Cat in Cyberpunk 2077
A lot of people don’t know that you can actually get a pet in Cyberpunk 2077, as there’s a secret cat to discover in the game.
Cyberpunk 2077 has had anything but a smooth launch period, and the game still isn’t completely playable on PS4 and Xbox One. However, those running the title smoothly are still having a great time with the open-world RPG.
But what many people are yet to discover, is that it’s actually possible to own a pet cat in Cyberpunk 2077. This easily-missable sidequest will leave you with a feline companion in-game, making it the second AAA game in recent history to feature a cat sidekick besides Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
However, getting your secret pet cat in Cyberpunk 2077 requires a little know-how. Here’s what you need to do:
How to Get a Pet Cat in Cyberpunk 2077
To get your pet cat, you’ll first need to head to V’s apartment building in Watson. Be sure to save regularly too, as Cyberpunk 2077 save files are corrupting when they get too big.
From here, follow these instructions to get your very own pet cat:
- As you leave your apartment, head left to the end of the corridor and turn the corner
- In a bin just past the corner, you’ll find a data card named ‘feed teh cat’
The full data card message reads:
“somebody feed the cat
anything works but he likes chicken most
just say pspspsps and he’ll come runnin”
- You’ll need cat food to progress here. This random drop can be looted from anywhere in Cyberpunk 2077 but it’s also a guaranteed item found in the Arasaka Warehouse found in the Arasaka Industrial Park
- Once you have it, the cat food can be placed in the bowl next to where you found the data card
- Head to V’s apartment and sleep for a while to pass the time
- Then return to the food bowl and you’ll see a cat enjoying its meal
- Pick up the cat and you’ll flash-forward to V’s apartment once more, only now you have a permanent live-in pet
And just like that, you’ve got your very own pet in Cyberpunk 2077! If you have any issues, check out this great video by ESO for a visual guide.
Although new Cyberpunk 2077 patches are improving the game’s stability, it’s still not quite good enough for a full-price launch. In fact, the title is so broken that Sony has removed Cyberpunk 2077 from its digital store completely.
If you’re looking to get a refund for Cyberpunk 2077, we’ve got a handy new guide to help you with that. However, some people have faith in CD Projekt even after a shocking launch and believe Cyberpunk 2077 can still be a success.